TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Paid in full upfront to Z1 makes perfect sense....
People Seeking Info

Subject Paid in full upfront to Z1 makes perfect sense....

Posted by samsungZ [Houston] on February 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 908 times.

In Reply To Z1 makes you pay in full for the preorder so I'm not sure posted by Evan(CA) on February 21, 2012 at 09:34 PM

Message These parts are being imported, and given they are aero parts that will need to be prepped, painted, installed,etc... There is yet another leg of spending once the body part/s are received. So these items, though new an good looking, aren't going to fly off the shelf like hot cakes, as in the case of the usual plug an play-like Z32 parts that other vendors produce; where you more or less remove the old OEM part, an install the new high speed version... (no hassle with painting expenses,etc..)

Z1 seemingly is going to bases their bulk purchase of "X" amount of the twinZ products based on the level of committed customers to these parts. The last thing any distributor needs/wants is "excess" inventory sitting for extended periods of time not being bought. So pre-order/pay for the imported aero parts upfront, to more accurately order in bulk and perhaps add a handful of extra twinz parts for the stragglers who WILL show up @ the last minute wanting a twinZ part.

If the few extra's they will order doesn't sell off fairly quickly, it's not a huge bog on Z1's purchasing department,etc... + let's not forget the twinZ themselves are perhaps basing how much material, grunt labor, supplies, manufacturing lead time, an work shifts they will need on the confirmed order status from Z1,etc..

So yes I agree with you, since they are requiring "paid in full", Z1's upfront investment to make this happen may be a bit lower, (well what we call a high investment is relative really) but from 1st hand experience, if prepayment is possible, I would do the same in this case to reduce being burnt by slackers falling out at the last minute, an the parts are enroute from Peru, as importing "commercial" parts with intent to "resale" is not a cake walk any more, like once upon a time... Buying this or that misc part for your Z off Japan's eBay isn't the same like with quadcons being shipped filled to the brim through U.S. customs, where ever the receiving port may be, etc....

:)

~Mario D.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My current favorite TT.net member quotes:

Nice, it's all fun and games until the turbos kick in :) (n/m) - Chickan 14:13:32 02/03/12

--------------------------------------------------------------------
My Siggy:

"I don't know about yours, but my Z is a pus*y magnet :-P"

Photobucket

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.